The arts matter in Greater Green Bay
We believe that all students should take part in experiences like music, theater, dance, visual arts and other art forms. U R Art, is dedicated to ensure access for high quality arts learning for youth in our community.
We initially kicked off U R Art at the Titletown District in the summer of 2019. This free program included a short story that shared a social/emotional message coupled with an art project that interpreted that message. Kids were free to stick to the topic or create on their own. It proved to be a HUGE success so we are now bringing it to local schools and nonprofit organizations. Since the books include worthwhile messages, we have also adapted the storybooks for adult participants, too.
Since COVID-19 happened we have worked together with the Titletown District to make this program virtual. You can see past videos of what books we have been reading. Starting July 9, 2020 we will be back at their location (weather permitting). Click here to go to the event page on Facebook.
U R Art will:
- Bring Artists into the classroom.
- Connect students with arts & cultural opportunities throughout the community.
- Support high quality arts learning as an essential part of a well-rounded education for students.
- Build partnerships between professional artists, teachers, community arts providers, non-profit organizations and students AND adults.
- Engage families and communities in celebrating student work.
- Create awareness of the value of the arts and how the arts impact our lives.
To learn how to bring U R Art to your classroom, non-profit or business,
please contact Molly at [email protected] or 920.435.5220.