The arts matter in Greater Green Bay
We believe that all students should take part in experiences like music, theater, dance, visual arts and other art forms. U R Art, is dedicated to ensure access for high quality arts learning for youth in our community.
We initially kicked off U R Art at the Titletown District in the summer of 2019. This free program included a short story that shared a social/emotional message coupled with an art project that interpreted that message. Kids were free to stick to the topic or create on their own. It proved to be a HUGE success so we are now bringing it to local schools and nonprofit organizations. Since the books include worthwhile messages, we have also adapted the storybooks for adult participants, too.
U R Art will:
- Bring Artists into the classroom.
- Connect students with arts & cultural opportunities throughout the community.
- Support high quality arts learning as an essential part of a well-rounded education for students.
- Build partnerships between professional artists, teachers, community arts providers, non-profit organizations and students AND adults.
- Engage families and communities in celebrating student work.
- Create awareness of the value of the arts and how the arts impact our lives.
To learn how to bring U R Art to your classroom, non-profit or business, please contact Silvija at 920.435.5220.