Our newest literary and visual project: Slow Brown Fox. This programs brings literature and art directly from the community. We will publish these editions when enough submissions have been approved. This publication grew out of The Quill which was a literary compilation of works submitted by students in the community. The name Slow Brown Fox was one that was suggested in 1981 for consideration as a name for Artstreet before Artstreet was born! The name is a nod to the humble beginnings of our organization and our most popular event.
Our theme for this first volume is: Mental and Emotional Health: Growth, Hope, New Beginnings. This edition should be interpreted by the artist or writer but should touch on the topic. How has art or writing had an impact on you? We are still accepting applications at this time.
Feel free to include thoughts, music you’ve written or drawings on how you’re using art to cope with this unprecedented time in our history.
Our theme for our second volume of this new series is: Past and Present: The Best Part of Me. This project has been put on hold.
Rules of Entry:
- Writers/Artists must create their own original work
- Writers/Artists must be age 18 or older
- Entries must be fiction, non-fiction, poetry or original art. Length of short stories cannot exceed: 2400 words.
- Writers/Artists may submit up to 3 entries
- Mosaic Arts has the right to edit materials. Large revisions will require author approval
- Writings/Artwork must not contain themes that could be harmful or discriminatory in nature.
- Works submitted must include first and last name, contact phone number and email. If writer/artist would like work to remain anonymous at time of publication, please note that – or please note how you would like to be identified (example: John Doe may want to be identified as John D)
FRONT COVER DESIGN CONTEST:
Submit your design with the following requirements: work must capture the essence of the publication theme; artist may submit explanation of work. Work must be appropriate for public viewing. Size is 8.5” by 5.5”, color or black and white. Winner will be chosen by committee. Material may be subject to modification to meet print and design requirements. Send PDF, eps or hi res jpg to [email protected]. Prize is $100.
We are always open to suggestions and new ideas. Feel free to call us at 920.435.5220 or email us at [email protected].
Please return your this Submission Form Volume 1 with your entry.