The arts matter in greater Green Bay.
The greater Green Bay community is investing in arts education for K-12 students. In 2015, a collective agreement was set among a group of community stakeholders that the arts are essential to a complete and well-rounded education. The Community Arts Team met for the first time under guidance of Mosaic Arts, Inc. to create a strategic plan for a community arts education program, Creative Compass, dedicated to ensure access for high quality arts learning for youth in our community.
We believe that all students should take part in experiences like music, theater, dance, visual arts and other art forms. Creative Compass will:
- Bring professional artists into the classroom.
- Connect students with arts & cultural opportunities throughout the community.
- Facilitate arts trainings for both educators and artists.
In order to support high quality arts learning as an essential part of a well-rounded education for students, Creative Compass has the following goals:
- Build partnerships between professional artists, teachers, community arts providers and students.
- Engage families and communities in celebrating student work.
- Create awareness of the value of the arts and how the arts impact our lives.
Have a Question?