March 3 & 4
Arti Gras will be held on March 3rd and 4th, 2018 at Shopko Hall in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The Arti Gras art fair is limited to 100 exhibitors comprised of invited and juried fine artists. Arti Gras also features artist demonstrations, performing arts, and children’s art activities. Artstreet and Arti Gras award winners from 2015, 2016 and 2017 will be automatically accepted into Arti Gras. All other entrants must be juried.
In the Rules of Entry (see below) section the selection procedure has been outlined to ensure every entrant that their work will receive fair and equitable consideration. Great care is taken to choose jurors whose experience and reputation qualify them to select artists and craftspersons who produce the finest contemporary work.
Arti Gras Art Fair Calendar
- Entry Deadline: November 27, 2017
- Acceptanct Notification: December 11, 2017
- Art Fair, 10 am to 5 pm: March 3, 2018
- Art Fair, 10 am to 5 pm: March 4, 2018
Rules of Entry
- Media: All fine arts and crafts.
- Eligibility: Participation is open to all artists and craftspersons, 18 years of age or older, who exhibit work of original concept, design and execution.
- Artist’s Participation: The artist responsible for creating the work on display in the booth must be in attendance during the show.
- Reproductions: No more than one-fourth of any exhibitor’s display may consist of commercial reproductions of the exhibitor’s original work.
- Prints: Only signed and numbered prints pulled directly from the original plate may be shown. Digital art must be printed on archival quality materials, signed and numbered, in limited editions. Photographs must be signed, numbered and developed by artist or by a person strictly supervised by the artist.
- Display: All work displayed must be for sale. The exhibitor’s name and booth number sign must be clearly visible at all times during the show.
- Entry: Please complete the description section of the entry. Additional information such as brochures and written materials will not be considered by the jurors.
- Multiple Medias: You must submit a separate entry, set of images, and jury fee for each category you wish to display. You may only exhibit work in those categories for which you are accepted. For example, if you apply in painting and ceramics, but are accepted only in painting, you may not show ceramics at your booth.
- Commission: None. Each exhibitor is responsible for selling his/her own art work. Brown County sales tax is 5%.
- Awards: At least $2,000 in cash awards will be presented. Awards will be selected and announced on Saturday afternoon.
- Exhibitor Fee: $150.00, separate check. Fee is deposited after the jurying has been completed, returned if applicant is not selected to exhibit. Booth fee is nonrefundable after December 31, 2018.
- Jury Processing Fee: $25.00, separate check (non-refundable).
- Booth Space: Each exhibitor booth space will be a 10’ x 10’ corner space. For double booth spaces, please call for availability. Canopies are not required. This is an indoor show. Subletting or transfering of exhibit space is strictly prohibited.
- Electricity: Electricity is available at a cost of $40.00 for the duration of the show. This fee is the direct cost charged by the facility. If you wish to have electricity, please include the $40.00 fee with your exhibitor fee.
- Mosaic Responsibilities: Mosaic will provide an exhibit area for each participant and security during the day and overnight. Morning coffee and rolls will be offered both days. Mosaic will be responsible for all promotion, publicity and advertising. Mosaic will provide volunteer booth sitters. Free wifi will be available.
- Exhibitor’s Responsibilities: All props and exhibition materials supplied by artist. Work must be shown during all Art Fair hours Saturday and Sunday, 10 am to 5 pm. Each exhibitor displays and sells all work at his/her own risk. Mosaic is not responsible for damage, theft or loss of an individual’s work.
Jury Selection Process
Artwork will be evaluated on the criteria of skill, originality, quality, and design. The jurors will not see applicant’s name nor other identification. There is no predetermination of the number of exhibitors to be selected in any one medium. The jurors will view the four images simultaneously, side by side, and by medium. The jurors grade the work from 1 to 10, with 10 being high.
Application Check List
- Complete, sign, and mail application from the Complete Entry section (option 2).
- $25.00 check selection jury fee required, non-refundable; separate check, please.
- $150.00 exhibitor fee, returned if applicant is not selected to exhibit; separate check, please.
- Additional $40.00 fee if electricity is requested, may be included in space fee.
- Four (4) images of current work (see image requirements below).
- Mail application materials in #10 business size envelope.
- Postmarked by November 27.
- Dimensions: 1920 x 1920 pixels
- vFile Format: Baseline Standard JPE
- File Size: under 2.0 MB
- Color Space: RGB
Our image requirements follow the suggestions of the NAIA (National Association of Independent Artists).
2018 Exhibiting Artist Info
Artists Booth Assignments
Booth Assignments can be found in the Artist Listing portion of our website. To find your name, click on the Search Artists Engine at the top and enter your name. Once your name appears, click on it and your show booth space will appear. View Artist Listing
Art Fair Set Up
Exhibitors may set up on Friday, March 2nd from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. or on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. All exhibits must be in place by 10:00 a.m. Upon arrival to Shopko Hall, please enter from the back of the building (off of Lombardi Ave). You must check in at the Show Office (located at the front of the building) prior to setting up to obtain pertinent exhibitor information (passes, name tags, etc.) and space location.
Art Fair hours are Saturday, March 3 and Sunday, March 4 from 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. Overnight security is provided; however, we are not liable for any lost or stolen items.
Arti Gras volunteers will be walking the Art Fair during event hours looking for ribbons that indicate an artist needs a break. You will be receiving a ribbon in your Welcome Packet.
Art Raffle & Children’s Art Tent
As in past years, Arti Gras will host an Art Raffle to help fund its year-round arts activities. You can help by donating an item valued at a minimum of $35. With each item you donate, please include a business card with your booth number to easily connect patrons to your booth.
There will also be a Young Collectors Shop that will expose kids to art by allowing them to make their very own purchase of work. Pieces will be priced from $1 to $10. We would appreciate your donation to this special experience.
Volunteers will come around to collect your donated items on Saturday morning. Otherwise you can leave them at the Arti Gras check-in desk. All items will be tastefully displayed at the Art Raffle and Young Collectors Shop all day Saturday and Sunday. A closed raffle drawing will take place at 4 pm on Sunday, March 4.
Please take a few minutes now to fill-out the online entry form below!
A block or rooms has been reserved at the following hotels for Arti Gras. Please identify yourself as part of the Arti Gras. The group rate is guaranteed until TBD.
Best Western Inn & Conference Center
780 Armed Forces Drive
Green Bay, WI 54304
Room | TBD
Call for Reservations
Hilton Garden Inn
1015 Lombardi Avenue
Green Bay, WI 54304
Room | TBD
Call for Reservations
Online Entry Form
Please take the time to fill out the online entry form to donate to the Art Raffle and Young Collectors Shop and to give us your Wisconsin Tax ID information. We are required to report all exhibitors and their sellers permit numbers at the end of the year to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue. Your information is sent securley and stored securely. View Form.